Customer Acquisition Agent
Posting Country: South Africa
Date Posted: 12 October 2023
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The aim of this role is to provide world class call centre and back-office review support to the Vodacom front-line trade partners and in doing so, enhance the overall customer experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide telephonic support to Trade Partners and customers on matters relating to the Customer Acquisition process and IT systems.
- To ensure that all the Customer Acquisition service levels are attained through effective customer service, quality, professionalism, and good product knowledge
- To resolve queries from Trade Partners and customers related to credit vetting, transfer of ownership requests, activation, and confirmation failures
- To perform detailed, accurate and relevant assessment of all credit vetting requests escalated for manual assessment, in according with company policy and guidelines
- To resolve escalated queries through the correct channels as specified in the agreed Policies and Procedures
- To provide Trade Partners and customers with detailed explanations of the outcome and status of their requests.
- Process manual customer credit applications with the intention of improving the company’s overall market share whilst maintaining an acceptable level of bad debt.
- To perform effective confirmation, verification and validation of customer information and contractual information prior to the activation of post-paid services onto the Vodacom billing system.
- To accurately and timely process requests for the transfer of ownership of subscriber services on Vodacom’s billing system.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience including
- 1 year in a call centre environment (preferably financial
- services / credit orientated) essential.
- Grade 12 essential
- A credit related Diploma desired
- Credit vetting process and decision-making knowledge.
- Customer verification, validation, and confirmation.
- Customer creation and subscriber activations process.
- Transfer of ownership processes.
- Microsoft Office Applications.
- Data Capturing.
- Call Centre Knowledge.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of Vodacom’s billing system – desirable.
Job Related Skills:
- Good persuasion skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with irate customers.
- Good oral communication skills
- Customer focused.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Quality awareness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good listening skills.
- Good time Management.
High level of professionalism.
Passion for customer service.
Enthusiastic and well spoken.
Able to apply policies consistently in overall decision making.
Ability to remain calm and professional during contentious engagement.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work towards and deliver key KPI and Service Level requirements.
Ability to seamlessly adjust to and incorporate strategic / operational changes.
Closing date for Applications: 26 October 2023.
The base location for this role is, Midrand, Vodacom Campus.
The Companys approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.