The OVERBERG DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY has the following vacancy in the Directorate: Community
Services, Department Emergency Service, to be temporarily filled as soon as possible.
DISASTER MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
(One-year Contract Appointment)
To assist the Division: Disaster Management with various administrative and logistical tasks such as assisting in operational activities, Disaster Management reporting, liaising with Disaster Management role-players regarding Disaster Management issues such as incidents, early warnings etc., implementation of training and awareness as well as the provision of general administrative support.
- National Diploma or Degree in Disaster Management, Public Administration, Office Administration, or relevant qualification.
- Valid Code B driver’s licence
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, GIS (minimum requirement is the ability to use Google Earth)
- Excellent communication and written skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Physically fit
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
Other requirements: The incumbent must have a good written and verbal communication skills; Applicants must be literate in at least two of the three Official Languages of the Western Cape.
Job related enquiries: Mr R Geldenhuys at (028 425 1157)
All-inclusive annual salary: R124 000
Closing date: 04 August 2023
All applications must be submitted on the prescribed ODM application form, (found on www.odm.org.za) together with a detailed CV, certified copies of original qualifications, ID document and driver’s licence. All documents are to be returned to the Department: Human Resources, Private Bag X22, Bredasdorp 7280 for attention Ms Zoe Feni or email to email@example.com. Incomplete and late applications and applications with no proof of requirements will not be processed or considered.
- Overberg District Municipality is committed to Equal Opportunity. Candidates from designated groups, including those with
disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- It would be expected of candidates to be subjected through evaluations and that previous and current employers, as well as
references will be contacted. Verification will be done on qualifications, criminal and credit records.
- Overberg District Municipality complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act4 of 2013 (POPIA), Applicants agree
that their personal information may be recorded and processed by the Municipality.
- If no notification is received within 90 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment
or to re-advertise is reserved by council.
- The permanent appointment includes the signing of an employment contract, declaration of interest and performance agreement.
- The appointed employee will be appointed on a minimum probationary period of three months and a maximum probationary
period of twelve months.