Garden Route District Municipality is fully committed to Employment Equity.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan
and Targets of the Organisation.
Applications are invited for the following vacancy in the Community Services Department.
Disaster Management Graduate Internship
(GARDEN ROUTE DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY- GEORGE)
Salary: R 9 337,50 stipend per month (One-year fixed term contract)
- Degree or relevant qualification in Disaster Management
- Valid Code B driver’s license
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, GIS (minimum requirement is the ability to use Google Earth)
- Excellent communication and written skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape Physically fit
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Written Communication (The ability to communicate in writing as appropriate to specific audiences.)
- Use of Technology (The ability to utilise technology in the workplace to optimise functioning of the Municipality).
- Disaster Risk Management (The ability to identify and assess risk and manage resources for dealing with emergencies to reduce the impact of disasters.)
- Problem solving (The ability to identify potential problems, break the problem into components and develop potential solutions for implementation.
- To assist the Division: Disaster Management with various administrative and logistical tasks such as assisting in operational activities.
- Disaster Management reporting, liaising with Disaster Management role-players regarding Disaster Management issues such as incidents,
early warning etc.
- Implementation of training and awareness as well as the provision of general administrative support.
- The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- It would be expected of candidates to be subjected to thorough evaluations. References will be contacted. Verification will be done on qualifications, criminal and credit records. The candidates will be required to disclose all financial interests. Original qualification certificates must be produced at any resultant interviews.
- Please apply by completing your online profile on the eRecruitment Portal. The eRecruitment System is available on the Garden Route District Municipality website at www.gardenroute.gov.za/jobs/apply for job/Option1: E-recruitment website/ register or log on. Please upload or attach a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, certified copy of your Identity Document and relevant qualifications (Certified within the last 3 months). The successful applicant will be stationed in George and his/her appointment is subject to the signing of an employment contract and a performance agreement; disclosure of financial interest; and security vetting.
- No posted, faxed, email or hand delivered applications will be considered • If you have not heard from us within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Canvassing with Councillors or any other decision-maker is not permitted, and proof thereof will result in disqualification • Fraudulent qualifications or documentation, will immediately disqualify any applicant.
Probation period: Not applicable
Applying process and further information:
Please apply by completing your online profile on the eRecruitment Portal. The eRecruitment System is available on the Garden Route District Municipality website at www.gardenroute.gov.za/jobs/apply for job/Option1: E-recruitment website/ register or log on. Please upload or attach a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, certified copy of your Identity Document and relevant qualifications (Certified within the last 3 months).
For enquiries, contact Human Resources on 044 803 1389/ 1388/ 1413.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should candidates not be contacted within two months after the closing date, they may accept their application as unsuccessful.
The Garden Route District Municipality reserves the right not to make or confirm an appointment on posts.
Closing date; 20203-06-15
Notice no: 21/2023