Demand Planner Intern
Graduate Intern Programme: Cape Town
(Brands: Gucci, Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Davidoff, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Rimmel, Sally Hansen, Bourjois, Adidas and more)
Coty is a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our
iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in
beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world. The Coty Africa team is bringing our business of BEAUTY, to life in Africa – localized and sustainable.
To take responsibility for the planning inventory flow, analyzing statistical data, and generating
forecasting solutions towards achieving the supply chain strategy. To complete the Graduate intern
programme to standard.
As the Demand Planner Intern you will be responsible for ensuring company’s operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
Your main areas of responsibility will include the following:
Sales forecasting (Pitstop updates)
- Collate input from Export and South Africa Sales team to prepare weekly sales forecasting report
- Summarize comments on key drivers behind changes vs previous week and budget
Innovation Forecasting – Manage all Luxury innovation forecasted via Prometheus Tool:
- Download forecast sheets from Prometheus as requested by Marketing
- Collate consolidated forecast from Marketing and upload onto Prometheus
- Update innovation on tracking tool (in stock date, forecast et.)
Innovation tracking – Collaborate with Marketing and Demand Planners to prepare Innovation/Promotional tracking tool for Export Business
- Maintain up to date Tracking Tool on SharePoint site by removing products already launched and adding new forecasted products
- Review status of each product forecasted during bi-weekly connect with Supply Planning HUB teams
- Collate feedback from Planning HUB and share status updates with multifunctional teams.
Highlighting potential risks and actions required (if any)
Administration and Reporting
- Qualified to bachelor’s degree level, BCom or equivalent (Supply Chain, Logistics and advantage)
- 0-2 years of experience in a demand planning/forecasting role
- Excel essential
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong planning. organisational skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, can work under pressure
- Full proficiency in English language. Confident in both written and spoken communication
- Proficiency in Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- 0% of role
- Coty Intern Learning Programme
- Competitive intern package, including retention bonus
- Learning and growth opportunities on-the-job with access to Coty Academy
- Inclusive, dynamic start up culture
- 23 days leave per annum
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Product allocation
- Opportunity to join DEI Culture committees to make a difference
Luxury and Consumer Beauty Goods
Fixed Term contract – 12 months
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the
Employment Equity Act. Note: This is an equity position only
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Jacky_Kannemeyer@Cotyinc.com by 4 August 2023 with the
Subject Line: Intern Demand Planner “Your Name”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Note that Coty takes the processing of your personal information seriously and in accordance with the South African
Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013, as amended from time to time (“POPI”). All information, statements, data, and content (such as CV’s/photographs /videos) which you submit to Coty are likely to reveal your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, age, and/or other personal information about you.
By submitting your application, you give consent and authorise Coty to undertake collection, processing, and further processing of your Personal Information for the purposes of potentially securing employment.
As an applicant you agree to make available to Coty all necessary personal information required for the purpose of potentially securing employment.
“All Roles advertised on the Coty Career Site are managed by Coty recruiters. Candidates should apply directly”
“Coty may use External Agencies for specific roles which could act on behalf of Coty only under due agreements signed”.