Internship opportunity for all qualifying Students in the Johannesburg Community
STUDENT INTERNSHIP POSITION: ENVIRONMENTAL AND INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICE DEPARTMENT
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
- This internship opportunity is applicable to youth in the Johannesburg communities, who qualifies for this internship and have never participated in an internship programme before.
- This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- Applicants are advised to use Google Chrome when applying for CoJ positions.
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted: Credit Record, CV validation and Employment record verification, Criminal check, and Identity validation.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Environmental and Infrastructure Service Department (EISD) has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
DEPARTMENT: Environmental and Infrastructure Service Department (EISD)
BRANCH: Office of the Executive Director
DESIGNATION: Internship: Admin Officer
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 043,21 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
(Enrolled as a student): R3 500,00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Traduna House, 118 Jorissen Street, Braamfontein
- Grade 12/NQF level 4 plus National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Office Administration or any tertiary qualification related administration discipline at NQF level 6 / 7;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Provide administrative support to the Office of the Executive Director.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the department or organization;
- Ensure the efficient handling and management of documents;
- Gather, organize and disseminate Information relevant to the department;
- Facilitate effective communication within the department and with external stakeholders;
- Assist in the organization and coordination of meetings;
- Make travel arrangements;
- Assist in printing and photocopying documents as and when required by the department;
- Computer literacy including MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
- Time Management, working independently, under pressure, and ability to prioritise.
- Sound numerical ability
- Good time management skills;
- Creative problem-solving.
- Good multi-tasking skills;
- Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail, and quality focused;
- Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism.
Contact Person: Revonal Mckenzie
Tel No: (011) 082 7999
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 12 JULY 2023
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they
must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.