AMATOLA WATER INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME FOR 2023/24 FINANCIAL YEAR
Amatola Water is a State-owned, water services enterprise established in terms of the Water Services Act. As a public utility, its prime function is to provide water services to municipalities, industry and other communities.
Amatola Water’s service area includes Buffalo City, the Amathole District and portions of adjoining districts in the central Eastern Cape
AMATOLA WATER BOARD INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
The Amatola Water based in East London is offering an internship programme as part of its contribution to skills development initiatives as expressed in the National Skills Development Plan 2030 objectives by inviting unemployed graduates to participate in a 12 months internship programme. The programme will afford the interns with much needed and valuable workplace based experience and enhance employment prospects.
Applicants must be unemployed graduates from institutions accredited by Council of Higher Education with the following qualifications
Field of study
Finance (Debtors) Intern
• National Diploma in Financial Accounting or any other financial accounting related studies (with Financial Accounting as a major)
Internal Audit Intern
• National Diploma: Internal Audit / B-Tech Internal Auditing / BCom- Internal Auditing/Bcom Accounting
Risk & Compliance Intern
• National Diploma Internal Auditing/ Risk Management/ Accounting/ Financial Management/Degree Law/ BCom Internal Auditing/ Accounting/ Post Graduate Diploma Risk Management
Scientific Services Intern
• BSc/National Diploma in Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry
The applicant must NOT have been exposed to workplace experience in the area of study or have participated in an internship programme before. Interested candidates should forward their recently updated CV’s, accompanied by the following documentation:
- Covering motivational letter quoting the office that one is applying for.
- Certified South African ID copy
- Certified Matric Certificate
- Certified copy of qualification certificate or letter confirming the completion of the qualification from the institution of Higher Learning
- Certified Academic record with Modules completed
In the event that the above are not attached then the applicant will be disqualified.
In addition, applicants must be:
- South African citizen
- Unemployed graduates between age of 18-35
- Available for placement within the East London vicinity
NB: People living with disability are encouraged to apply
These appointments will be finalized in accordance with Amatola Water’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment Policy. Preference will be given to suitably qualified persons from designated groups particularly women and people living with disabilities. A monthly stipend will be provided to all appointed candidates.
The closing date of the applications is the 12 June 2023. NO hand delivered or posted applications will be considered. Application are ONLY restricted to emails at firstname.lastname@example.org. Wherein an applicant is not contacted within 2 Months from the closing date, the applicant must consider his/her application as being unsuccessful. Lobbying of any Amatola Water employee to treat a certain application more
favorable than others, will disqualify a candidate from selection. Any enquiries regarding this advertisement can be directed to Mr. S Rangana 043 707 3705 or Mr. L Mselwa on 043 707 3751.