STUDENT INTERNSHIP POSITION:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to providing work-based training for Youth
- This internship opportunity is applicable to youth in the Johannesburg communities, who qualifies for this internship and have never participated in an internship programme before.
- This Vacancy is open to all qualifying YOUTH in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- Applicants are advised to use Google Chrome when applying for CoJ positions.
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer
Where to apply
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
Credit Record, CV validation and Employment record verification, Criminal check, and Identity validation
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Community Development Department has the following Internship opportunity available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months
DEPARTMENT: Community Development
BRANCH: Library and Information Services (LIS)
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 043,21 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Metro Centre, 13th floor, Braamfontein
- Grade 12/NQF level 4 plus Diploma or Degree in Librarianship, ICT, Information Science or Management, Knowledge Management, Archives and Records Management, Communication and Public Management;
- Youth between 18 – 35 years would be considered;
- Computer literacy;
- Must be able to work extended hours as and when required;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Provide administrative support function in libraries, preparing the counter before opening according to routine procedures. Train users in accessing internet (eWorld computers/WIFI). Monitor the use of LIS computers ensure that the illegal usage is reported. Assist with Internet Research for relevant digital content (latest trends, ebooks, relevant websites for the public). Assist with organising library activities, such as Mobile Literacy programs or any program, using digital platforms (social media or internet). Assist with awareness campaigns on digital skills through outreach
programs (book fairs, community meetings, malls etc). Assist with Surveys on User needs in line with the Digital Transformation strategy.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- City processes, systems and procedures;
- Ensure effective service delivery to the public;
- Customer Focus Service Delivery Internal and External;
- Compliance issues and other administration related functions;
- Telephone Etiquette.
- ICT/Computer literacy including MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
- Time Management, working independently, under pressure, and ability to prioritise.
- Sound numerical ability
- Good time management skills;
- Creative problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Good multi-tasking skills;
- Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail, and quality-focused;
- Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism.
Contact Person: Thato Sepuru
Tel No: (011) 497 6269
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 06 JUNE 2023
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted