The National Library of South Africa wishes to make the following appointment at its Pretoria Campus:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (INTERN)
Reference Number: 02/06/2023
Stipend: R 5700.00 per month
The objectives of the National Library of South Africa (NLSA) are to contribute to socio-economic, cultural, educational, scientific and innovative development by collecting, recording, preserving and making available the national documentary heritage and promoting an awareness and appreciation thereof, by fostering information literacy, and by facilitating access to the world’s information resources.
The NLSA invites applications from suitably qualified person for appointment on a six-month
contract basis, as Administrative Assistant (Intern). The successful individual will be based at
the Pretoria Campus. The successful candidate will report to the Manager: Office of the CEO.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Provide administrative support
- Minute taking
- Scheduling meetings
- Develop and maintain action plans and/or registers.
- Draft and distribute correspondence.
- Generate reports and other documents
- Maintain contact lists.
- Typing of memoranda, letters, items, reports, etc.
- Opening and sorting mail and forwarding to relevant parties / stakeholders.
- Making copies of documents where required.
- Perform any other administrative duties to the executive management
- Develop and maintain file indices (indexes).
- Process incoming mail for filing, and distribute to Departments in the Organisation.
- Issue overdue notices for files not returned
- Systematic disposal of records in terms of legislation.
- Filing of operational documents into individual, personnel and clients’ files to ensure efficient and effective management of the Organisation’s records.
Render meeting support, and travel and accommodation booking services
- Confirm attendance of meetings/ workshops/ conferences.
- Arrange travel (air, road, etc.), car hire (or local transportation) and accommodation
(hotel or other establishments permitted by Policy).
- Make bookings for meetings within the company, organise flip charts, files, minutes,
white board markers, etc.
- Organise catering.
- Order and control office supplies.
- Be a point of contact for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- NQF level 6 qualification in Business Administration or related qualification
- Knowledge of Office Administration
- Minimum of 12 months of experience in the office administration field.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATRIBUTES
Behavioral and Technical
- Computer literacy
- Communication skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Attention to detail
The NLSA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from people living with disabilities.
NLSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to background verification, competency assessments and security clearances.
Applications: Interested applicants must submit a completed prescribed application form obtainable from our website (www.nlsa.ac.za ) accompanied by a covering letter; Curriculum Vitae; Matric/Grade12 certificate; proof of qualifications and a copy of Identity Document by e-mail to: email@example.com . Please ensure that you quote the reference number and the position in the subject line of your email. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to avail themselves for an interview at NLSA’s convenience.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 14 July 2023
Should you not receive any correspondence / communication from the National Library of South Africa one month after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.