Date: 1 Nov 2023
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
A position has become available for an Administrative Assistant in Specialist Claims Services. The successful incumbent will be based in 254 Hall Street, Centurion 0157.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
The candidate will be expected to perform (but not limited to) the following secretarial duties:
• Managing the management teams’ calendar, screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible.
• Employee administration and general administration
• Liaising with external business partners
• Liaising with various internal stakeholders
• Arranging and coordinating all meetings
• Preparing presentations
• Arranging travel plans and itineraries (local and international)
• Preparation of records such as agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for meetings, including minute taking.
• Budget management and reconciliations
• Coordinating and compiling all executive and management reports
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 with a secretarial diploma/qualification
• Computer literate (advanced level of MS Office)
• Current experience with regards to preparing presentations and compiling extensive excel workbooks
• Proven track record as a personal assistant to a senior manager
• Experienced at working with highly confidential information
• Experience in a Legal department with knowledge of the recovery and liability process will be highly beneficial
• Proficient in English
• Proficiency in Afrikaans will be advantageous
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
• Strong client service orientation
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good judgement
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
• Analytical thinking
• Information seeking
• Drive for results
• Organisational commitment
• Teamwork and co-operation
• Customer service orientation
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in South Africa. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of insurance good and proper.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, CV, and salary requirements in MS Word format online at www.santam.co.za / careers. Should you be aware of a qualified individual, please pass this vacancy on to them.
Please note this appointment will be made in line with the Santam Employment Equity strategy. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.