South African National Parks
General Workers X37
Table Mountain National Park
Paterson Grading: A1
Salary: R9 832.13 per month
Closing Date: 08 November 2023
Vacancies currently exist for thirty-seven (37) contract General Workers for the period 15 December 2023 to 15 January 2024. Reporting lines will be to relevant lines managers within Table Mountain National Park.
Key Performance Areas:
- General maintenance and upkeep of the terrain and gardens including visitor accommodation, day visitor’s facilities and access control points.
- Perform cleaning duties including ablution blocks, picnic sites and day visitor’s area to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Thismay include laundry duties
- Perform basic daily administrative duties as required.
- Assist with admission management at park gates across Table Mountain National Park.
- Perform maintenance of tourism facilities, staff accommodation and ablution blocks as may be required.
- Refuse removal and braai site cleaning as and when required.
- Assist with basic traffic management, access control and parking of vehicles.
- Assist with information dissemination.
- Assist with basic wildfire suppression if required.
- Visual Patrols of trail network.
- Assist with permit inspection and compliance monitoring.
- Conduct foot patrols and Infrastructure inspections with designated areas.
- Assist with other ad hoc tasks required by Supervisor/Management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are required for the job:
- Grade 12 (Standard 10)
- 1-2 years practical work experience in a similar working environment.
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety amd First Aid.
- Valid Driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- SARS Tax Reference.
- Clear Criminal Record.
- Proficiency in English and other local language.
- Must be fit amd able to work long hours on your feet with exposure to the element (i.e sun, rain, and windy climatic conditions)
- Will be required to work weekends and all public holidays between 15 December 2023 and 15 January 2024 as pee operational requirements.
The cost to company remuneration package based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson A1 job grade will be offered.
The successful candidate will have to provide their own accommodation as there is no official accommodation in the park.
Supporting Documents such as certified of qualifications, ID & Drivers License and other relevant documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. using reference number GENERAL WORKERS_TMNP in subject line.
For enquiries: Eddy Mavanga Tel: 021 712 0527
SANParks is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to appoint.