|STADIO Higher Education
STADIO is a multi-campus higher education institution with a national footprint, as well as hosting a number of student support centres in South Africa and Namibia. STADIO endeavours to widen access to top quality higher education and highlight the importance of equipping graduates with accredited qualifications that are recognised by industry. STADIO offers a variety of academic and career-focused undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications through both contact and distance learning modes of delivery.
STADIO is a comprehensive private higher education institution, consisting of the following academic schools:
- Administration and management
- Architecture and spatial design
- Arts and humanities
- Information technology
- Media and design
- Policing and law enforcement
STADIO (Pty) Ltd is inviting applications for the position of a teaching practice administrator.
- Take responsibility for aspects of administrative support for the department as specified by the Head of academics/academic manager/discipline leader: teaching practice reporting to the WILS manager.
- Ability to deal with a variety of tasks, including placement of students in schools for teaching practice, staff and student queries, management of institutional and departmental communication and playing a support role in meetings, document management/ record keeping, contract staff appointments and claims, and support for academic and assessment procedures.
- Placements in schools
- Manage the placement of contact learning students in schools
- Manage the institutional placement databases for the various student groups, schools and assessors
- Accurate recording of correspondence to schools/principals/assessors/lecturers/students
- Management of all final assessments as well as attendance registers from schools and/or students
- Allocation of TP assessors
- Assist with the allocation of teaching practice assessors to students in consultation with the head of academics/academic manager/discipline leader TP
- Maintain the assessments as well as the school visits schedule
- Assist with tracking of school-based assessments
- Meetings and workshops
- Responsible for setting up meetings and minute taking at various meetings
- Assist with organisation of TP assessor workshops/meetings complete academic operations committee reports and attend the monthly meetings.
- Receive claim forms from contract and full-time staff school-based assessors
- Check claim forms against visits and assessments at school
- Record monthly claims and submit for approval
- Deal with enquiries from schools as well as students
- Arrange consultation between schools, student and academic staff
- Participate in institutional training and development activities
- Liaise with relevant staff on other campuses in terms of SOP for student placements and communication to schools
- Log special cases on counselling module on MyStadio
- Undertake additional duties or projects as allocated by the head of academics/academic manager/DL teaching practice may determine from time to time
- Grade 12 (matric) and a post matric qualification (certificate, diploma)
- Relevant experience
- IT skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the higher education sector
- The following would be an advantage: IT related qualifications (e.g. Microsoft Expert, ECDL and so forth), knowledge of learning management systems (e.g. Moodle) and student information management systems (e.g. my_STADIO)
- Excel skill needs to be above average
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with both staff and students and to be discreet
- Ability to work under pressure, and to meet deadlines and handle heavy workloads
Assumption date: 1 November 2023
Candidates wishing to apply for the position are required to:
- Submit a letter of motivation, concisely detailing interest in and individual suitability for the position
- Submit a concise CV without attachments
- Clearly indicate which position they are applying for in the header of the email
In terms of the company policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.
All applications will be treated as highly confidential. STADIO Higher Education reserves the right to not fill this position.
Closing date: 10 December