Anova Health Institute NPC
Kathu, Northern Cape
Closing Date 03 September 2023
Company primary industry
Hospital and Healthcare
Job functional area
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
SIOC Development Trust (SIOC-CDT) was established in 2006 by Sishen Iron Ore Company SIOC (PTY) LTD to invest in the development of the communities in which the mine operates. Together with Anova, they are implementing a Mental Health Programme (Psychosocial Support) to reduce premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention, treatment, promotion of mental health and wellbeing.
We are looking for a skilled Data Capturer to provide support in carrying out data-related admin work, capture patient’s files, generate defaulter reports and compile monthly statistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily capturing of data or information acquired from all registers.
- Verify information provided for credibility and ensure there are no duplications/omissions.
- Ensure confidentially of patient files and information.
- Capture data completely, accurately and as prescribed
- Provide updates and training on data capturing systems.
- Assist to accurately enter M&E data in the provided systems such DHIS or any systems provided either by Anova or stakeholder (e.g. REDCap).
- Participate in on-going data management training.
- Provide support and mentorship to facility data capturers/admin staff to correctly capture mental health indicators.
- Collect data for adhoc project-related requests as required by manager.
Data Quality Assurance
- Assist the MEL Officer with quality management procedures.
- Assist in data quality assurance activities including data cleaning exercises.
- Report problems relating to data collection to line manager as and when they occur.
- Monitor the type of data collected and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist in testing data capturing systems.
Data Backup and Storage
- Secure and maintain safety of all electronic and manual data.
- Ensure that the data captured is saved or stored in the prescribed manner and run back-up on a regular basis.
Reporting and Feedback
- Provide weekly collated project data.
- Provide comprehensive monthly report.
- Attend and represent Anova at various stakeholder meetings as and when required.
- Participate in audit verification as and when required.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Grade 12.
- Tertiary qualification and previous experience in primary health care in RSA will be an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in data capturing and administration.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Fast and accurate data capturing skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Flexible and willing to work weekends when required.
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Able to communicate in English and other local/region official language.
- Computer literate.
- Willing to travel as and when required.
Closing date: 03 September 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za
Apply Here: https://anovahealth.simplify.hr