FIELDWORKER X2 (DTHF-079)
– South Africa — Amatole District — East London
28 August 2023
01 Sep 2023 23:59
ONE (1) YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
EAST LONDON, EASTERN CAPE PROVINCE
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
The main purpose of this position is to recruit, consent and enrol study participants as set out in the Study Protocol. Fieldworkers will be responsible for adhering to scheduled home visits given to him/her by the Project Coordinator; collaborate with facility-based staff to identify TB patients; and conduct household contact investigations of TB patients identified in study clinics. Field workers may also conduct screening and testing of household members of TB patients.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- At least 1-2 years of experience recruiting participants for research studies
- Must have at least 1-year previous experience conducting TB screening and household contact investigations
- Must reside in Mdantsane, Ginsberg and King Williams Town
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office), including data entry into RedCap platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Fluent in isiXhosa and English
- Good planning and organising
- Client (participant) focus
- Able to work as a member of a team and individually
- Be proactive as an individual
- Detail oriented
- Maintain study participant confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to remain professional
- Adaptive to change
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to work later hours including weekends (Required work on Saturdays will be substituted with weekdays)
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and Human Subjects Protections in research
- Previous electronic data collection using laptops, tablets, mobile/smart phones
- Previous experience working in a primary health care environment
- Support Project Coordinator in implementing field-based study activities
- Conduct TB household contact investigations
- Screening, consenting and enrolling study participants.
- Administer electronic questionnaires to study participants
- Manage, maintain and secure all paper and electronic data tools
- Upload and back-up daily collected data
- Submit timely accurate reports and tally sheets
- Adhere to DTHF and study standard operating procedures
- Attend study/project meetings and participate in all study training sessions as required
- Building interpersonal relationships and maintaining rapport
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees in a single PDF file by 01 September 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Visit the DTHF Career page to view the advert (Reference number: DTHF-079) and apply: DTHF Career Page
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website.
Apply Here: https://applybe.com/hiv-research