The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) is committed to meeting the objectives of Employment Equity to improve representativity within the Institution. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND PUBLIC HEALTH CENTRE FOR RURAL HEALTH (CRH)
Study Title: Development and evaluation of a targeted, integrated, coherent and people-centered approach to the management of Multiple Long-Term Conditions (MLTC-M) in South African primary healthcare (ENHANCE)
(11 MONTHS FIXED-TERM APPOINTMENT)
The main purpose of this post is for the fieldworkers to collect data for the ENHANCE
project in the uMgungundlovu District, KwaZulu-Natal including the recruitment and retention of retain of study participants as set out in the recruitment and retention programme for the ENHANCE Project.
The fieldworkers will function under the supervision of the ENHANCE research coordination team and will be required to travel to clinics in the district daily. DUTY STATION
- Matric certificate with English and isiZulu
- Able to speak and to read isiZulu and English fluently
- 1 years’ relevant experience in conducting fieldwork for public health
- research and relevant experience in working in target communities.
- Minimum 6 months experience conducting qualitative interviews with research
- participants and completing data collection questionnaires.
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Willing to travel daily to different clinics
- Motivated to have direct interaction with patients.
The following will be advantageous
- Experience working in clinical research.
- Client (participant) focused.
- Current accredited (GCP) certificate
- Track record of successfully working in a multidisciplinary clinical team
- Previous experience within UKZN or within a higher education institution
- Valid South African driver’s licence
- Resident in the relevant District
This post reports to the Project Manager. Enquiries regarding this post as well as the request for the job profile may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 3 July 2023. The University however, reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Applicants are required to complete the relevant application form which is available on the Vacancies website at www.ukzn.ac.za
Completed application forms must include how the candidate qualifies for each minimum requirement as stated in the advertisement, together with supporting documents and full contact details of 3 referees and a covering letter and must be sent to E-mail address email@example.com. Please quote FIELDWORKER -ENHANCE as a reference in your subject line. Applications which do not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete and will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Please note this is are-advertisement. Candidates who have previously applied are requested not to re-apply as these applications are received and under consideration.
UKZN reserves the right not to appoint