DRIVER: HEAVY MOTOR VEHICLE 2
Reference Number: GSIS/006/2023
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a self-motivated individual to render logistical support with regards to maintenance and development of the garden by driving vehicles and render general support services.
This position requires a Grade 10, Job Specific Qualification, or equivalent qualification at NQF 2 with 4 years of work experience in the relevant field, or a Grade 12, Job Specific Qualification, or equivalent qualification at NQF 4 with 3 years of work experience in the relevant field. A Higher Education Qualification, Job Specific Qualification or equivalent qualification at NQF 5 will be an added advantage.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: an unendorsed Driver’s Licence Code EC and valid PDP; ability to work under pressure whilst being safety conscious; good communication skills and interpersonal relations skills; good planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills; excellent service focus skills; Knowledge on the use of a navigating system/ global positioning system and maps; and ability to operate a tractor with slasher and trailer behind.
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Render services of transporting people, goods and materials;
- Participate in conservation and maintenance of the estate;
- Assist in resource management;
- Provide effective customer services; and
- Assist in supporting health and safety services.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorised verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Martha Pilusa on Tel: +27 (0)12 843 5252 for any queries for purposes of clarity. Applications consisting of the completed application form, motivation letter, a concise CV, and certified qualifications are to be submitted via an e-mail to email@example.com
Postal applications must be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources Operations
South African National Biodiversity Institute
Private Bag X101
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Tuesday, 15 August 2023
Salary: R171 537.00 per annum