Department of Community Safety
- Reference Number : refs/017671
- Directorate : TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT CORRIDOR COORDINATION
- Number of Posts : 3
- Package : R147 036.00 per annum plus service benefits.
- Enquiries : Call Mr. Tshidiso Chabane/ Ms. Dolly Seboane/ Avhatakali Nemukula 073 464 0234/ 066 156 6669 (During office hours 08:00am – 16:00pm)
- Grade 10- or 7-12-months relevant experience. Valid code 8/10 drivers licensing criminal record or cases pending against you. Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of the procedures to operate the motor vehicle e.g procedures to obtain trip authorities, complete logbooks of the motor vehicle, to consumable (e.g. petrol) and obtain basics services (e.g fixing a flat tyre). Knowledge of the prescripts for the correct utilization of the motor vehicle e.g how and for what purposes can the motor vehicle be utilized, what is the requirements for the storage of the vehicle. Knowledge of the procedure to ensure that the motor vehicle is maintained properly. Knowledge of the procedures to perform messenger fuction and routine office support functions like registry functions and the making of photocopies.
- Drive light and medium motor vehicle to transport passengers and deliver other items (mail and documents). Do routine maintenance on the allocated vehicle and report defects timely. Complete all the required and prescribed records and logs books with regard to the vehicle and the goods handled. Render a clerical support/messenger service in the relevant office. This would, inter alia, entail the following: collect and deliver documentation and related items in the department. Copy and fax documents.Assist in the registry.
- Gauteng DCS is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer, and it is its intention to promote retrospectivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants must apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za / http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. Applications must be submitted on new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents (effective from 01 January 2021). All fields in Part A to D of the Z83 form must be completed, and Part E to G noting that there is limited space provided applicants often indicate “refer” to CV or see attached, this is acceptable as long as the CV is attached and provides the required information. If the information is not provided in the CV, the applicant may be disqualified. The question related to the conditions that prevent re-appointment under Part F must be answered. Declaration must be completed and signed. The fully completed and signed new Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV only (only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications). Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification. The Department of Community Safety reserves the right not to make an appointment and to use other recruitment processes. The Department will not accept posted, emailed or hand delivered applications. people with disabilities are encourages to apply, and a confirmation of disabilities from a registered medical practitioner must be attached to the application. Volunteer structures must attach a CPF/Confirmation letter from relevant Authorities. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : NORTHERN CORRIDOR X2, EASTERN CORRIDOR X1
Closing Date : 14-07-2023
|Do you have Grade 10?
|Do you have 7-12-months relevant experience?
|Do you have A valid code 8/10 driver’s license?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.