Closing Date: Fri, 08/11/2023 – 12:00
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is a regional economic community founded and maintained by countries in Southern Africa. It aims to further the socio-economic, political and security cooperation among its Member States and foster regional integration in order to achieve peace, stability, and wealth. SADC currently has sixteen (16) Member States with a population of approximately 340 million and a combined GDP of US$720 billion.
SADC Secretariat is currently recruiting interns in different Directorates/Units. The programme is for a duration of six (6) months and offers students and employees of Member States an opportunity to learn and gain practical work experience in their chosen field of study and work. The Secretariat is therefore, inviting qualified citizens of the SADC Member States to apply for the following internship opportunities tenable at its Headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana and at SPGRC in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Number of Opportunities
|Communication and Public Relations
|Education and Skills Development
|HIV and AIDS
|Ex Situ Conservation
|Administration and Finance
OTHER ELIGIBLE CRITERIA
- Be nationals of SADC Member States;
- Be between the age of 21 and 35 years;
- Be enrolled at a registered and accredited universities and colleges studying towards a degree programme;
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity; and
- Has not been convicted of any serious criminal offence.
The SADC Secretariat shall offer a monthly living allowance of US$250.00 only. The Member States shall bear the cost of relocation, insurance and other related expenses.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
Internship shall be for a fixed period of not less than one (1) month but not more than six (6) months.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted to the SADC National Contact Point in the respective SADC National Contact Points not later than or on 11 August 2023.
Applications should be accompanied by the following:
- Cover letter stating the internship stream that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the internship;
- Updated Curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); transcripts; and
- Identity documents.
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from female candidates.
Mainstreaming of People with Disability
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages and promotes employment for people with disabilities.
Apply Here: https://www.sadc.int/vagas