Customer Service Support
Rosslyn, Pretoria, South Africa
Customer Service Support
Department : SD Ops JPN CHN (BP15842)
UD Trucks is known for our pioneering technologies and products within the commercial automotive industry. The main purpose of the job is to oversee the incoming stock from Central Warehouse and outgoing stock to the Dealers. This function compliments the entire interface between the Parts Distribution Centre (PDC) and BA/Dealer/Customer on urgently required components.
This position is earmarked to Unemployed Youth on a 12 month contract basis. The person applying must comply with the criteria and be registered on the Yes4Youth platform
Responsibilities and Duties
• Interface with and Respond to all Dealer queries.
• Coordinating with the relevant function in order to resolve queries.
• Updating of weekly back order report
• Manage dealer Argus cases ensuring sufficient response time.
• First point of contact with the dealers via relevant support mailboxes.
• To follow-up with Warehouse on all orders, collections etc.
• Follow delivery issues i.e. Nil Picks, Dealer Discrepancies, Transport delays etc.).
• To ensure and manage a good Customer relations.
• To ensure continuity of daily operations when acting at a back-up in the UD Trucks Customer Service Centre.
• Provide effective support, calculates duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported and imported, to and from foreign destinations.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
• Determine if parts quantities are sufficient for needs, order more when required based on the purchase proposal.
• Liaise with suppliers in order to schedule / expedite deliveries and resolve shortages.
• Follow up on outstanding orders and update expected time of arrivals
• Reviewing daily orders (by going through shortages) to ensure proper stock levels are maintained
• Reviewing special orders (VOR’s) to ensure they are ordered and delivered in a timely manner
• Inputting data related to POs and invoices – Support finance and warehouse in terms of supplier queries with regards to incorrect deliveries and/ or prices invoiced
• Grade 12 and Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics
• 1-2 years in the commercial vehicle industry
Job Knowledge & Skills
• Administrative skills
• Computer skills (Excel – intermediate)
• Time management
• Negotiation skills
• Verbal and written communication
• Attention to detail
• Relating and Networking
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Planning and Organizing
• Following Instructions and Procedures
About UD Trucks
Part of the Isuzu group, UD Trucks is a global leading international commercial vehicle solutions provider headquartered in Japan. At UD Trucks, we are defining the next generation of smart logistics solutions through advanced innovations in automation, electro mobility and connectivity. UD Trucks develops, manufactures and sells a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty trucks, operating in more than 60 countries across all continents. Our trucks and people go the extra mile for our customers and business partners, day in and day out.
We are an 8,000+ strong team of colleagues with 40 nationalities who bring diversity and passion in delivering our products and services. We trust each other, work collaboratively and embrace change. At UD Trucks, our purpose is Better Life – to make life better for people and the planet. We have developed a culture that promotes:
Diverse and friendly culture – Strong culture of diversity and inclusion, organizing annual events, daily activities and open communication platforms including various internal voluntary networks.
Empowered growth – Global exposure and growth opportunities across functions and countries through internal mobility system and self-driven career opportunities, building a learning organization by enabling self-managed learning supported by the UD Academy.
Flexibility with trust – We continue to fully support both remote working (where and when applicable) and flexible working hours, we actively encourage our colleagues to maintain a good work/life balance. You will have the autonomy and flexibility to split your working time between both our wonderful, modern and equipped HQ and remotely.
Be part of our journey to create Better Life for society, for our customers and for yourself. UD Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.
Apply Here: https://udtrucks.csod.com