Closing Date 28 July 2023
Table Mountain National Park
South African National Parks is looking for a self-motivated Administration officer to lead the administration for the Agence Francaise de Developpement (AFD) Funding to the Table Mountain National Park-Reunion Island National Park collaboration programme.
This is a 3-year programme that started in June 2023 and ends in June 2026. The position will assist the AFD-TMNP Programme Manager in delivering the programme outcomes. While this is a fixed-term contract, we are looking for an energetic, experienced and reliable leader who works efficiently in grant administration and/or public administration processes to enable the timeous delivery of the programme outcomes. The individual is expected to help make a significant contribution to the future of Table Mountain National Park by proactively leading administration processes and working with multidisciplinary and diverse leaders to deliver the programme outcomes.
The above position is a fixed-term contract position up to the end of June 2026 when the Programme Funding ends. The cost-to-company remuneration package is based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson C2 job grade will be offered. The successful candidate will have to provide their own accommodation as there is no official accommodation in the park.
Only interested persons who meet the above-stated requirement should apply using the following link:
Supporting Documents such as certified copies of qualifications, ID & Driver’s License and other relevant documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using reference number ADMIN_AFD-TMNP2023 in the subject.
For enquiries: Eddy Mavanga: 021 741 2300
Applications that have not been responded to within 21 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
- National Diploma/NQF Level 6 qualification in Business Administration or Project Management or Financial Administration Preference to be given for completion of Postgraduate studies in the above disciplines or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience and responsibility in Project Administration, procurement of goods and services with excellent financial management skills and competency. Preference to be given to experience in working with donor funding and audits (unqualified) thereof.
- Experience in National and or International travel arrangements, coordination or management (large groups of more than five travellers)
- Valid Driver’s license and suitable driving experience.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook are a prerequisite.
- Ability to work with relevant Financial Administration, Human Resources Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- Ability to work with a Public Finance Management Act, Supply Chain Management procurement process to deliver goods and services timeous in the Programme planning.
- Sound written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must have a sense of initiative, balance of patience and determination, be flexible, meet deadlines, work independently without supervision, and have attention to detail.
- Ability interest to speak/learn French is advantageous.
- General public administration (state entities) including, but not limited to:
- contract (suppliers),
- integration for efficiency (with Finance and Procurement teams), and
- policies and procedures leadership.
- AFD (funder) and SANParks administration requirements, specifically reporting tracking.
- AFD-TMNP Funding Project Administration and record keeping (e.g., projects due date tracking, data capture, filing, etc.).
- Events planning, management, delivery and record keeping, including:
- Local Travel,
- International Travel,
- Programme Meetings and Workshops,
- Field trips, and
- Hosting of AFD-TMNP guests.
R 272 013 – R 419 144