Business Unit / Group Function:
Africa – Platinum Group Metals (PGMs)
Thabazimbi, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Entry Level / Permanent Employee
08 November, 2023
Join us at our Amandelbult Complex operations as a Claims Administrator, where you will be responsible for providing support to clients relating to claims and claim queries. Project a professional company image through customer/provider interaction
You’ll look after our most important resource. Our people.
Skilled colleagues and motivated teams are the life force of Anglo American because – guided by our purpose and our values – we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As a Claims Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Timeous and accurate capturing of claims
- Scanning and filing of paper claims
- Informing customers / providers regarding unclear / incomplete invoices via appropriate methods (e-mail and in writing / telephonically)
- Answering phones and resolving claim queries within determined SLA.
- Transferring customer calls to appropriate staff, where necessary.
- Identifying, researching, and resolving customer / provider issues using the computer system.
- Following up on customer / provider enquires not immediately resolved, within determined SLA’s.
- Completing call logs and reports.
- Following and adhering to claim processes, procedures and protocol
- Recognising, documenting, and alerting the supervisor of trends with processing of claims.
- Recommending process improvements.
- Focusing on first call resolution as far as possible.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
This role is in the Project and SHE Department at a C1 level reporting to the Chief Professional Nurse.
- Grade 12
- Please attach copies of all qualifications. Applications with no copies attached, will not be reviewed
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- At least 2 years’ working experience within a hospital, medical aid or insurance environment
- Claims processing experience (advantageous)
- Computer literate
- QMed experience would be advantageous
- Must have excellent people skills, writing and administration skills
- Communication skills and critical thinking
- Willing & able to work overtime / be on standby as per operational requirements
- Must have a driver’s license
If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
Closing Date: 08 November 2023