Department of Health
Security Guard Level 3
- Reference Number : refs/017366
- Directorate : Security Department
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 147 036.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms. T.P Tovhakale Tel: (011) 898 8000
- A minimum of Abet Level 4/ Grade 10 or equivalent qualification with a minimum of one year experience in security. A Grade C or D security certificate that allows a registration with PSIRA and it must be valid. Knowledge of Health and Safety fire prevention. Good communication skills, both verbal and written, conflict resolution and negotiating skills. The candidate must be able to work shifts, Sundays, Public holidays and night shifts.
- Maintain and provide a 24-hour access control to the hospital premises. Render all security duties i.e searching of vehicles entering and leaving the premises, search bags and parcels where necessary. Safeguarding patients, personnel and hospital assets. Be visible and patrol all wards at night, all buildings and grounds within fences. Patrolling in hospital to check any illegal activities. Apprehend intruders or any law breakers, control and manage parking within the hospital. Assist in tracing of missing patients as per circular 15 of 2004. Guard the hospital hot spots where risk is identified or perceived. Prevent any unauthorized business conducted within the hospital without permission. Record incidents in OB book and pocketbook. Ensure that visitors and all authorized people are off the premises after visiting times.
- Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents) accompanied by a comprehensive CV and copies of ID, qualifications and driver’s license where applicable. Only the shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interviews. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of foreign qualification must furnish the Department with the evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applications received after closing date and time will not be considered, people with disability are encouraged to apply. The candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications can be forwarded to the Human Resource Department, Tambo Memorial Hospital, Private Bag X2, Boksburg, 1459. Physical Address: Railway Street, Boksburg, 1459. Applicants are encouraged to use hand delivery or post office due to institutional technical problems. NB: The closing time on the closing date will be 12h00.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Tambo Memorial Hospital
Closing Date : 09-06-2023
|Do you have Abet Level 4 / Grade 10 or equivalent qualification?
|Do you have a qualification that allows registration with PSIRA as a Security?
|Are you able to work shifts and under pressure?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.