Posted Date: 7 Jun 2023
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets [SDM] (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. The cluster focusses on retail products, as well as group schemes.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
• Grade 12 / Matric
• A minimum of 1 year cleaning experience
• Sound command of the English language
• Basic customer service
• Additional language that is area specific
Deliverables include but will not be limited to
• Provide a daily high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the office, restroom, kitchens ,floor & communal areas.
• Develop routines to ensure all areas of the office are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
• Ensure the kitchens and restrooms are clean, and stocked with the necessary products at all times.
• Be available throughout operational hours to clean up as and when required.
• Ensure correct cleaning products and equipment are used for specific jobs.
• Ensure the wet floor sign is up and visible at both ends, when cleaning the floor.
• Be friendly, professional and able to assist customers.
• Perform duties according to Health and Safety Regulations.
• Prior cleaning experience
• Sound command of English (written and oral)
• Customer service
• Trustworthy and honest
• Attention to detail
• Be able to take instructions and follow through
• Time management
What will you do?
Carries out cleaning duties either during/after normal office hours.
Knowledge and Skills
Customer Service and Monitoring
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing dependently
Decision quality – Contributing dependently
Action orientated – Contributing dependently
Optimises work processes – Contributing dependently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
Customer focus – Contributing dependently
Drives results – Contributing dependently
Collaborates – Contributing dependently
Being resilient – Contributing dependently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. Deadline to apply: 15 June 2023.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.