Position Title: General Worker: Rogueing
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Delmas
Grade: Grade 01
Requisition ID: 27112
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a General Worker: Rouging to be based at the McCain Delmas site, Mpumalanga. The successful candidate will report to the Team Leader.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The purpose of the job is to walk through a potato field daily, for a period of +/- 8 weeks and identify unhealthy and mixed plants and weeds. Remove the unhealthy plants and their tubers and discard them at the end of the field. During the harvesting and planting the rougher will assist at the seed store with receiving, grading, bagging, and general work.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Walk the field and remove sick plants with their tubers.
- Give feedback on what was removed in the field during the rouging field walks.
- During out of season, assist with bagging and grading in Seed Stores.
- Assist with general work when the need arises.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent
- Experience in working with potato seed.
- Read and write.
- Good communication.
- Team player.
- Able to walk long distances.
- Able to distinguish visually between healthy plants and unhealthy plants.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply Here: https://careers.mccain.com/job