Company primary industry
Job functional area
The Asset Controller is responsible for overseeing and maintaining accurate records of organizational assets, including laptops, iPads, and cellphones. They will be responsible for managing the acquisition, transfer, disposal, and inventory control of assets, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. The Asset Controller will collaborate with various departments to ensure accurate asset tracking, financial reporting, and optimization of asset utilization.
1. Maintain accurate asset registers: Create and update asset registers detailing all organizational assets, including relevant information such as dates issued, locations, values, serial numbers, and ownership details.
2. Asset acquisition and disposal: Coordinate the acquisition and disposal process of assets. Manage the fulfilment of asset requisitions ensuring compliance with procurement processes.
3. Asset transfer and relocation: Manage asset transfer and relocation processes, including updating asset records, coordinating transportation, and tracking asset movements.
4. Asset inventory control: Perform regular physical inventory counts to maintain accurate inventory levels. Investigate and resolve discrepancies, ensuring appropriate documentation and reporting.
5. Asset maintenance and repair coordination: Collaborate with IT department to prioritize and coordinate asset repair, maintenance, and warranty tracking. Ensure proper documentation of maintenance activities and adherence to service agreements.
6. Financial reporting and analysis: Assist in financial reporting by providing accurate asset data, depreciation schedules, and valuations. Collaborate with the finance department to ensure asset-related entries are accurately recorded in the financial statements.
7. Policy compliance: Ensure adherence to company asset management policies, procedures, and related legal requirements. Identify areas for improvement and recommend changes to asset management processes, policies, and procedures.
8. Stakeholder collaboration: Collaborate effectively with various departments, such as finance, procurement, operations, and IT, to gather and provide accurate asset-related information, address inquiries, and resolve any asset-related issues.
9. Training and support: Provide training and support to employees on asset management practices, policies, and procedures. Promote awareness of asset management best practices across the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
– A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, supply chain management, or a related field.
– Proven experience in asset management or inventory control in a similar role.
– Strong knowledge of asset management principles, financial reporting, and related regulatory requirements.
– Proficiency in using asset management and inventory control systems/software.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
– Strong organizational and time management abilities, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
– Strong ethics and integrity, with the ability to handle confidential information.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.