Receptionist (4 Months Contract)
Closing Date: 31 October 2023
Company primary industry
Job functional area
- Greet and welcome staff and visitors as soon as they arrive at reception.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Operate the switchboard effectively and efficiently.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Answer the telephone with the agreed greeting, in a polite manner, with the appropriate tone of voice.
- Record messages and ensure that they are forwarded to the relevant person.
- Ensure the reception area is neat, tidy, and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material available (e.g., pens, forms, and brochures).
- Ensure that only authorised employees have access to the reception desk and perform reception related duties
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person, via phone and email.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail and deliveries.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Order and keep inventory of reception /front office supplies.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying.
- Assist walk in customers, refer them to the Head Office store, and notify the Brand Sales Co-ordinator that a customer requires assistance.
- Perform cash ups at the end of each day.
- Ensure handover of Petty Cash takes place prior to and when returning from leave or any other absence.
- Arrange for parcels to be collected by the relevant courier service.
- Ensure all parcels received from courier services are delivered to the relevant person.
- Forward email communication to Warehouse and Autograph to confirm the date when allocation orders are to be placed and when they are ready for collection.
- Receive, pick and process staff allocation purchases for the Warehouse and Autograph.
- Collate and submit staff member sales on a monthly basis.
- Receive, collate, and check daily sales figures from stores.
- Submit daily and weekly store sales figures to approved distribution list.
- Respond to email communication timeously and forward any queries to the responsible person.
- Assist the Operations Assistant, and Brand Sales Co-ordinator as and when required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Certification in Office Management an advantage
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Experience working with spreadsheets and collating information from numerous sources is required
- Experience in a customer service function in a retail or related environment an advantage
- Professional attitude and appearance is required