Immediate Superior: Ops Manager
Job Grade: 08
Type of Contract: Permanent
Purpose of the Position
The effective management of inventory received, stored and dispatched to ensure OTIF delivery of quality products and achievement of financial imperatives as well as act as the custodian of the Warehouse Management System at a site level.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Ensure the cost-effective inventory management of all goods
- Check depot days of cover daily and communicate with Planning if required
- Report all stock outs to depot, sales and Planning as well as liaise with planning to resolve any stock issues
- Plan correct storage location for products in liaison with Logistics Manager/ Inventory Clerk (ABC Analysis)
- Plan and create Physical Inventory Documents for monthly stock counts as well as reduce write-offs and losses to a minimum
- Ensure optimal stock availability and stock rotation
- Help enable superior customer service as measured by On Time In Full (OTIF)
- Maintain the highest possible level of customer service, while effectively ensuring that all customer complaints are dealt with swiftly and efficiently
- Ensure strict adherence to corporate governance in terms of stock movement and documentation in accordance with the ICC and Audit controls, Quality Control and inspections
- Ensure that Risk audits and Quality control audits are conducted at the branch
- Understanding, implementation and adherence to internal control measures such as ICC, ISO requirements and Operations Excellence
- Ensure quality control checks on receipt of stock and before dispatch of stock
- Ensure FEFO principle is applied to stock movements by printing bin pulling sheets for warehouse
- Knowledge of adherence to stock age policy, ensure that all concessions are raised and approved
- Knowledge of adherence to product recall policy
- Administer the execution of the product recall process at site level
- Perform all administration and reporting effectively
- Ability to accurately conduct daily and monthly physical inventory counts
- Ensure that system and site preparation is completed in order to enable effective stock counts
- Ability to generate and action pre-stock take reports.
- Ensure that all stock adjustments prior to starting stock take are processed, including sorted containers.
- Ensure the daily compilation of stock packs and have packs approved by the relevant parties
- Ensure that the route settlement corrections have been processed correctly
- Ensure that stock write offs and variances are actively managed
- Ensure that all post goods issues have been processed for all deliveries and driver corrections
- Responsible for the reconciliation of invoices to shipments and deliveries daily
- Ensure that no deliveries have been issues without shipments. All proof of delivery notes need to be checked and accounted for. All invoice queries need to be corrected and resolved.
- Responsible for the follow up of all inter depot in transit shipments
- Ensure that missing, broken and foreign surveys are conducted according to policy, and captured daily. All missing, foreign and broken must be communicated for follow up with the customers. Responsible for charging the depots / drivers / 3PL’s for the shortages.
- Responsible for the financial controls of ensuring that the stock postings are posted to the correct accounts, variance commentary is to be compiled and submitted to management with trend analysis.
- Ensure that Operational Costs cents per liter cost is contained through continual investigation and improvement of asset utilization
- Improve business processes to ensure achievements of Business Objectives
- Valid Matric Certificate
- Relevant 1 – 2 year Diploma, Degree or qualification in Logistics / Supply Chain
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of 6 months relevant experience in FMCG Logistics / Distribution Environment
- Computer literacy in MS Office, SAP and SuccessFactors
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and sound presentation skills
- The ability to work after hours and/or shifts if necessary
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. HEINEKEN Beverages is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values inclusion and diversity