The main purpose of the job is to be a key-player in delivering the Customer Charter and achieves high customer satisfaction combined with optimized aftermarket profitability through providing a service delivery in line with our customers’ expectations and assist with all relevant functions within the parts warehouse. To Ensure the dealership is working according to GVS process in the phases “Planning”, “On Arrival” and “Dealer to customer and follow up”.
Reporting: This position will report to the Parts Manager.
- Ensure and oversee that the receiving of goods are done according to Volvo procedure.
- To ensure that all parts are received accurately against documentation and within prescribed time as set by KPI standards.
- To timeously record all discrepancies on the GDS system when parts received are not conforming to standards and to document descriptions and part numbers.
- Ensure that parts are binned according to system allocations and not according to label allocations.
- Process all customer order requests and ensure correct picking, packing and distribution of parts according to the Volvo procedures.
- Must at all times make sure that the system is updated after authorization.
- To make sure the correct parts and quantities are dispatched as per invoice.
- To provide an efficient and effective service to the workshop by ensuring that all Technicians receive their parts as soon as orders are processed, and parts are picked.
- To ensure that credit notes are checked and signed off for processing. All credit notes to be filed in sequence and stored.
- To ensure that the correct procedures are followed when processing credits i.e. No electrical parts are returned etc.
Perpetual Stock Counts and Bin Verifications
- Ensuring that perpetual counts are done on a daily basis as per set quantities on the total volume of the Warehouse.
- To make sure a thorough investigation is done when discrepancies occur.
- All adjustments to be investigated and updates to be authorized before the system is updated.
- Ensure warehouse premises (inside/outside) always neat and tidy.
- Ensure parts stored correctly.
- Ensure all parts are binned correctly.
- Ensure waste collected timeously.
- Perimeter secure.
- Ensure parts from customer are at the agreed exchange standards.
- Responsible for physical receiving & storage.
- Responsible for preparing supplier/core returns.
- Ensure that the packing and labeling of core parts be returned to PDC.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that all warehouse personnel abides by the rules and regulations set aside in the Volvo procedures regarding health and safety.
Qualifications or Minimum Job Experience:
- Grade 12.
- Diploma in Warehouse management or a minimum of three years warehousing experience.
- People orientated.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer Orientated.
- Resource Management abilities.
- Quality orientated.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Stock control.
- Time Management.
- Attention to detail.
Short listed candidates must complete and sign personal verification permission, consent and indemnity declarations, to inter alia perform reference, criminal, credit, qualification, vetting process (if applicable to position) and any other checks deemed necessary.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage people with disability to apply.
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
At Volvo Trucks you will be part of leading the way towards a sustainable transport industry. For nearly a century we have been innovating for people – to make life easier, better and safer. Driving progress is our promise to customers, to the industry and to society. At Volvo Trucks we share a curiosity to learn, we work with passion and we embrace change to stay ahead. Join us, together we move the world we want to live in.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required
Last application date