Anova Health Institute NPC
Closing Date 20 October 2023
Company primary industry
Hospital and Healthcare
Job functional area
Health Care Provider
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a Decanting Mentor who will support implementation of repeat prescription collection strategies – Internal PuPs and external PuPs, or decentralized medicine options for patients on chronic treatment, targeting clients that are stable on chronic medication.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support implementation of repeat prescription collection strategies (RPCS) in supported sites.
- Identify stable chronic patients for recruitment into repeat prescription collection strategies (RPCS) –in line with targets given to the facility.
- Train & Mentor DoH & Anova staff on repeat prescription collection strategies (RPCS).
- Ensure the availability and distribution of Adherence guidelines’; SOPs; tools and stationery.
- Supervise and train on site staff on the use of Adherence guidelines tools and documentation; viz (Adherence plan, RPCS consent form, club registers, cohorting SOP, Appointment cards, CCMDD SOPs, CCMDD/CDU scripts, use of VL cascade).
- Supervise and perform monitoring activities including updating of relevant registers and collection of statistics and validating of data at facility level (CDU/CCMDD).
- Compile Daily; Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports to line manager on specific reports (M&E Tool, COJ decanting report and PEPFAR report) using Tier.NET
- Participate in continuous development trainings.
- Conduct and Participate in Clinic SIMS visits, and Anova CME sessions.
- Ensure timeous requisition of supplies related to running of CCMDD.
- Participate in COJ Task Team meetings and provide reports and technical advice on decanting.
- Assist adherence support and provide patient education on adherence.
- Support the implementation and growth of RPCS in facilities.
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience:
- Grade 12.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the field of HIV/TB public healthcare environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Packages.
- Basic organisational and administrative skill.
- Organized, analytical and excellent data interpretation skills.
- Innovative, Proactive and Team player.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.