Closing Date 15 October 2023
Company primary industry
Job functional area
Media24, part of the Naspers Group, touches the lives of millions of consumers every day through our online and print media, book publishing, online services, and ecommerce platforms. We are looking for a Stock Controller for the M24 Logistics division, based in our office in Olifantsfontein.
Main purpose of the role:
To examine deviations in stock levels in such a way that misplaced stock or stock in shortage/ surplus or damaged stock is identified and rectified on the system as soon as possible to keep deviation of stock levels to a minimum.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Handle any query with regard to stock movements from the client service department/account manager, checking for discrepancies/shortages/queries, and providing feedback to the client services department/account manager;
- Follow up on and resolve stock discrepancies, and in the case where there is no stock on the shelves, conduct a stock history investigation;
- Conduct regular cycle counts as per cycle count schedule;
- If the stock cannot be found, make the necessary adjustments on the relevant Warehouse Management system;
- Take Receipt of damaged stock from different areas in the distribution centre, correct stock levels on the system and process administrative tasks and relocate to damaged zone;
- Investigate and resolve general stock queries from LOFO and discrepancies on orders logged by DC stakeholders;
- Identify stock related problems, initiate the investigation and manage corrections;
- Provide input for daily, weekly and monthly scheduled and Adhoc reporting e.g.
- Consolidation of stock adjustments reports, compile report on space utilisation;
- Participate in stock take, including coordinating the paper flow during stock take, stock capturing, and running of reports;
- General filing and administrative duties as required for risk and audit purposes;
- Proactively keeping an awareness of possible stock misplacement to be rectified and reported; and
- Perform re-pricing of stock as per clients requirements.
Skills and competencies:
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Grade 12/NQF 4 equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ administration experience, preferably in a distribution/warehousing environment.
- Must be proficient in WMS; Highly proficient in relevant software packages and applications.
Learn more about our company here: www.m24logistics.com
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups