Support AP Buyer
Rosslyn, Pretoria, South Africa
Support AP Buyer
Department : UD Trucks (BP10000)
UD Trucks is known for our pioneering technologies and products within the commercial automotive industry. Your mission is to drive and achieve all Automotive Purchasing Objectives for the assigned portfolio within UD Trucks in South Africa. Your role as a Buyer is both strategic & operational, taking care of sourcing, project deliverables and operational maintenance activities.
This position is earmarked to Unemployed Youth on a 12 month contract basis. The person applying must comply with the criteria and be registered on the Yes4Youth platform
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define and develop segment purchasing strategies.
- Perform sourcing activities, negotiate agreements and recommend supplier selection in Sourcing governance meetings within UD Trucks Purchasing.
- Lead cross-functional team to make supplier selection and negotiate agreements.
- Secure overall good supplier relationship through conducting business review meetings regularly.
- Monitor market and technology developments and address changes through the strategies
- Close monitoring of supplier performance and take corrective actions where needed.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers, to secure the project deliveries on QDCFTSR for both start-up projects and maintenance projects.
- Drive continuously on cost improvement activities. Generate cost savings through creativities and cross functional workshops, including engineering, logistics and plant.
- Drive and achieve the target on MCL/MCE, Delivery Precision, Contract Coverage, Local Content Requirements, BBBEE performance.
- Track raw material price trends for price adjustment with suppliers.
- Support to improve the customer focus by jointly solving the quality issues; improve PPM/QPM and QJ lead-time.
- Closely monitor market developments, trends and the best practices available in the market.
- Conduct Buyer network meetings with Buyers working on similar portfolio in regular intervals.
- University degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in Automotive Purchasing
- Fluent in English, Strategic orientation, Strong negotiator, Business Acumen, Cost Management, Legal Management, Relevant process & system knowledge, Priority Setting, Integrity and Trust, Drive for results, Customer focus
- Lead cross-functional team to define and develop segment purchasing strategies.
- Lead Cost reduction activity Commercial, VA-VE , logistic, Total Delivery Cost.
- Negotiate supplier agreements and commercial issues.
About UD Trucks
Part of the Isuzu group, UD Trucks is a global leading international commercial vehicle solutions provider headquartered in Japan. At UD Trucks, we are defining the next generation of smart logistics solutions through advanced innovations in automation, electro mobility and connectivity. UD Trucks develops, manufactures and sells a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty trucks, operating in more than 60 countries across all continents. Our trucks and people go the extra mile for our customers and business partners, day in and day out.
We are an 8,000+ strong team of colleagues with 40 nationalities who bring diversity and passion in delivering our products and services. We trust each other, work collaboratively and embrace change. At UD Trucks, our purpose is Better Life – to make life better for people and the planet. We have developed a culture that promotes:
Diverse and friendly culture – Strong culture of diversity and inclusion, organizing annual events, daily activities and open communication platforms including various internal voluntary networks.
Empowered growth – Global exposure and growth opportunities across functions and countries through internal mobility system and self-driven career opportunities, building a learning organization by enabling self-managed learning supported by the UD Academy.
Flexibility with trust – We continue to fully support both remote working (where and when applicable) and flexible working hours, we actively encourage our colleagues to maintain a good work/life balance. You will have the autonomy and flexibility to split your working time between both our wonderful, modern and equipped HQ and remotely.
Be part of our journey to create Better Life for society, for our customers and for yourself. UD Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.
Apply Here: https://udtrucks.csod.com