Junior Logistics Engineer
Rosslyn, Pretoria, South Africa
Junior Logistics Engineer
Department : Logistics Operations (BP35310)
UD Trucks is known for our pioneering technologies and products within the commercial automotive industry. This position is responsible for improvement activities through implementation of UDPS (UD Production Systems) guidelines, undertaking new projects and re-engineering of the logistics facilities and flows
This position is earmarked to Unemployed Youth on a 12 month contract basis. The person applying must comply with the criteria and be registered on the Yes4Youth platform
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for UDPS implementations for Logistics
• Responsible for finalising all logistics process flows
• Represent logistics in product and process related projects both internal and external.
• Responsible to identify areas of improvement in all processes and areas and to implement projects/improvement activities to eliminate / reduce waste
• Determine logistics support requirements, such as facility details, staffing needs, or safety or maintenance plans.
• Design, develop, and implement efficient logistics systems that meet the specific needs of the company
• Collaborate with the manufacturing engineers to ensure that an adequate supply of materials is constantly available
• Responsible to carry out workshops for improvement activities and promote Kaizens
• Conduct process standardisation using time study or other techniques
• Responsible to design layout of the Logistics areas within the plant, warehouse and outside
• Responsible to co-ordinate with internal/external entities to understand requirement on logistics
• Responsible for reporting all packing issues arising from packing platforms and co-ordinate the packaging improvement activities
• Maintain ISO 9001 & 14001 standards
•Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering/Mechatronics or studying towards attainment of one.
•Relevant experience in Automotive industry.
Job Skills and Knowledge
• Engineering skills
• Working knowledge of all related operational processes.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain & Material management
• Project Management skills
• IT Knowledge: use of MS office (Excel, MS-word, Powerpoint)
• Knowledge and understanding of the organisations systems, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and awareness of any new developments within operations.
About UD Trucks
Part of the Isuzu group, UD Trucks is a global leading international commercial vehicle solutions provider headquartered in Japan. At UD Trucks, we are defining the next generation of smart logistics solutions through advanced innovations in automation, electro mobility and connectivity. UD Trucks develops, manufactures and sells a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty trucks, operating in more than 60 countries across all continents. Our trucks and people go the extra mile for our customers and business partners, day in and day out.
We are an 8,000+ strong team of colleagues with 40 nationalities who bring diversity and passion in delivering our products and services. We trust each other, work collaboratively and embrace change. At UD Trucks, our purpose is Better Life – to make life better for people and the planet. We have developed a culture that promotes:
Diverse and friendly culture – Strong culture of diversity and inclusion, organizing annual events, daily activities and open communication platforms including various internal voluntary networks.
Empowered growth – Global exposure and growth opportunities across functions and countries through internal mobility system and self-driven career opportunities, building a learning organization by enabling self-managed learning supported by the UD Academy.
Flexibility with trust – We continue to fully support both remote working (where and when applicable) and flexible working hours, we actively encourage our colleagues to maintain a good work/life balance. You will have the autonomy and flexibility to split your working time between both our wonderful, modern and equipped HQ and remotely.
Be part of our journey to create Better Life for society, for our customers and for yourself. UD Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.
Apply Here: https://udtrucks.csod.com