Centurion, South Africa
Closing date: 28 July 2023
Warehouse Controller (12 month Fixed-Term)
We are looking for a Warehouse Controller – to perform receiving, binning, picking and packaging of Finished Goods and products in an effective and efficient manner to support on-time delivery to Customers.
A packer will be assigned to a specific area, retrieve the items needed from the inventory, check that they are in good condition, wrap them securely, and pack them for shipping.
Binning of goods from Transit (Manufacturing / Test Departments / Capricorn Park) and Incoming Quality Inspection to ensure that they are readily available for SRUs, LRUs picking.
- Binning of Goods – Ensure effective, accurate and timeous binning of Goods.
- Packing of Goods – Ensure effective, accurate and timeous packing of Goods.
- Stock movement – Ensure effective receiving and capturing of incoming Goods.
- Stock movement – Ensure effective and accurate stock movement when required.
- Bin location maintenance – Ensure that bin locations are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
- ESD – Ensure that the ESD process is followed when handling and binning materials, also ensure that items are stored in correct storage areas.
- Bin cards – Ensure that new items have bin cards and existing stock has bin cards updated
- Shortage clearance – Ensure that shortage clearances are conducted timeous and on daily basis.
- Inventory Management – Ensure efficient packing, handling and storing of Goods.
- Inventory System Maintenance – Correct management of the inventory system.
- Kitting – To kit Goods as per kit lists, as and when required.
- Quality – Ensure that all binned, kitted or packaged items are of the good quality standard.
- Quantity – Ensure that correct quantities are picking in accordance with the pick list.
- Loading of Goods – Ensure that all Goods are loaded and offloaded in a safe manner and that all paper work corresponds with the delivery specifications.
- Packing, handling and storage – Ensure efficient packing, handling and storage of Goods as per specifications.
- Receiving – Ensure all Finished Goods are effectively and efficiently received, binned and packaged for shipping.
- Unplanned requisitions – Accurate and timeous handling of unplanned requisitions.
- Raising and participating in material reviews in terms of the Material Review Board process to resolve and prevent warehousing related non-conformances.
- Ensure that the warehousing related outcomes of the MRB process are effectively implemented.
- 5’s – Ensure that 5’s is maintained in the work environment
- Ensure maximum utilization of storage space adhering to quality and safety standards
- Carry out all legal instructions from management, as all duties and responsibilities are not limited to the above
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- An applicable tertiary qualification in Supply Chain and/or Inventory Management or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Must have a technical background
- Gr 12 with relevant Stores/Warehouse Experience is essential.
- Certificate or qualification in Supply Chain, Warehouse or Inventory Management will be an advantage.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a global company with operations and employees in 40 countries around the world. Through innovative, collaborative, and pragmatic thinking, Saab constantly develops, adopts, and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Saab Grintek Defence is a business unit operating within South Africa. The business unit is focused on design, development, integration, testing, documenting and deployment of products for aerospace and defence industries. This position is in the Warehouse (Supply Chain) Department.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Saab Grintek Defence will give preference to South African citizens and we also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds
Saab Grintek Defence in South Africa will give preference to South African citizens and those that advance its employment equity goals and objectives.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not received feedback from us within 30 days after the closing date.
Apply Here: https://www.saab.com/career