For over 75 years, BIC has been creating ingeniously simple and joyful products that are a part of every heart and home.
As a member of our team, you’ll be a part of reigniting a beloved brand as we continue to reimagine everyday essentials in new, sustainable and responsible ways.
Our “roll up your sleeves and get the job done” approach to work creates an environment where self-starters, problem solvers and innovative thinkers thrive. BIC team members are empowered to take ownership of their careers and bring their unique perspectives to the table to make a meaningful impact on our mission.
It’s a colorful world – make your mark by joining the BIC team today.
- To ensure the correct and safe operation of all machines and equipment as per prescribed SPM.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be able to count
- Must be able to use weighing scales
- Stays in Johannesburg or surrounding areas
- The employees and management of BIC South Africa have agreed upon the targets for each job. These targets must be achieved and maintained at all times.
- Maintain 85% productivity/efficiency for the section
- A minimum of 2(two) years’ experience in mass production environment
- Highest standard in housekeeping must be maintained at all times
- All operational machinery must be kept in a safe, clean and tidy condition
- The highest standards of quality must be maintained on all produced goods
- All duties will be performed in accordance with the prescribed S.P.M (STD Production Method)
- Late coming in workplace will not be accepted. If absent, for any reasons production supervisor must be informed or production foreman on time.
- Ensure that PPE issued by company is worn at all times while on duty and well maintained
- It may be necessary to perform other duties in other areas when need arises
- Do cycle and stock counts on components.
- Be able to work 3 shifts system rotating. Morning, Afternoon and Night shift
- At each workstation in pen assembly a production schedule/action log must be properly filled out, if required the supervisor will show how this is done
- Have a good working relationship with all employees and management
- Must learn Kanban
- If and when problems occur, they must be reported immediately to supervisor, Foreman
- All traceability labels in production must be checked to see that they are correct for the job and affixed properly to product
- Safety and housekeeping prevent and minimize hazards. Ensure that the area around machines and equipment is kept clean and tidy at all times if this requirement is not met, a report must be made to the supervisor/Foreman and or the safety representative for the area. BIC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Grade 12
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means
Apply Here: https://careers.bic.com