Marist Brothers Linmeyer seeks to offer enthusiastic and committed student teachers the opportunity to gain on-the-job training while studying as a student towards an education degree suited to InterSen Primary School teaching (Grades 4 – 7) and Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Phase High School teaching
(Grades 8 – 12).
Due to further development, the following posts is available:
Learnership Students x 4
Applicants should :
- have a matric certificate;
- be in 3rd or 4th year of study towards a distance-based Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree or be registering for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE);
- be specialising in Intermediate, Senior and Further Education and Training phase;
- have proof of provisional registration with SACE;
- have a proven track record of academic rigour at a South African university; and
- be a South African citizen.
Placement and teaching subjects to be considered:
- X 2 Primary School (Intermediate and Senior Phase)
- X 2 High School (English Home Language and IsiZulu First Additional Language)
Suitable candidates should possess:
- be disciplined and willing to embark on distance learning while working full-time in a school environment;
- be able to add value to the school’s extra-curricular programme;
- be enthusiastic, creative and innovative;
- be willing to work and support the Catholic, Marist ethos of the school;
- be deeply committed to their development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations;
- be able to work effectively as a member of a team; and
- commit to the school’s transformation, equity and belonging strategic objectives in support of an equitable, inclusive and safe school environment for all.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE ALL NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS AND SACE NUMBER (IF APPLICABLE) ON YOUR CV AND PROVIDE COPIES OF THESE DOCUMENTS.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday , 31 July 2023
Interested, suitably qualified applicants to submit the updated Curriculum Vitae and Motivation letter via email. Please email us if you are needing assistance. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents.
Application Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only suitably qualified candidates should apply. MBL reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer:
Marist Brothers Linmeyer is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect the personal information of applicants. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as for statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and curriculum vitae to Marist Brothers Linmeyer, you acknowledge the disclaimer.