- Head Office, Pretoria
- Peromnes Grade : P05 (R 1 531 760,68 CTC Per Annum) R / Year
Job Title : Company Secretary
Position Status: Permanent
Reporting Line : Executive – Office of the CEO and the Board
Overall Job Purpose: To Coordinate Board and committee meetings and ensure compliance with regulatory matters.
- Direct the affairs of the Council for Geoscience (CGS) by ensuring implementation of the decision(s) of the Management Board
- Act as an advisor to the Management Board
- Making the Management Board aware of any law relevant to or affecting the CGS
- Assist the Board and Executives in carrying out their respective responsibilities
- Responsible for Induction of new Board members
- Ensure corporate governance best practices are adopted by the CGS
- Facilitate, attend and compile minutes of Board meetings
- Maintain and keep proper records of all Board meetings
- Follow up on actions from meetings
- Facilitate reporting on all business operations of the CGS
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing report, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the CGS stakeholders
- Negotiate and draft terms of current and new business contracts
- Offer legal advice and legal opinion on legal matters that affect the CGS
- Maintain and keep records of all contractual obligations by the CGS
- Ensure that the CGS meets all its compliance obligations under relevant laws and requirements of regulatory authorities
- Represent the CGS in dealings with other companies, banks and shareholders
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Dynamic and assertive
- Attentive to detail
- Passionate about transformation
- Ethics and integrity
- Strong Internal drive and initiative
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BCom (Law), LLB, BJuiris or equivalent degree plus articles
- Post Graduate Diploma qualification in corporate law
- The incumbent must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
- Registration with the Chartered Governance Institute of Southern Africa (CGISA)
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems
- Exposure to Board and Board Committees
- Experience in of corporate governance and compliance
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to relate with internal and external stakeholders
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Knowledge of current legislation and regulations governing company operations
The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, click the apply button below.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
All appointments are subject to vetting processes. Appointments are subject to positive vetting results. The processing of your personal information by the Council for Geoscience will be done in accordance with the POPI Act 4 of 2013.
Applications submitted on CGS social media platforms will not be considered.
Closing Date: 28 July 2023