Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social wellbeing, community involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment.
Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the following vacancy and awaits applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements. (Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to also apply.)
DIRECTORATE: CORPORATE SERVICES
(Based in Piketberg)
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERNSHIP (x3)
Job Requirements: The Local Government SETA (LGSETA) has set up a human resources internship programme to manage capacity building in municipalities ∙ Interns will undergo practical experience and further training in human resources ∙ The appointment will be valid for 12 months ∙
Competence in at least two (2) of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans / English / Xhosa – Writing, Reading and Speaking) ∙ Good human relations, interpersonal and communication skills ∙ Ability to give attention to detail ∙ High level of responsibility ∙ Basic knowledge of Human Resource Services ∙ Report writing skills.
The following three qualifications will receive preference:
Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management
BA Degree in Industrial Psychology with Labour Relations
Advanced Diploma in Business & Information Administration
Key performance areas: Assist with the implementation of the Local Government Municipal Staff Regulations ∙ Assist with labour relations,
Personnel Administration, Occupational Health and Safety and Training and Development.
Salary: R 100 000.00 per annum – Total cost to company
Date of acceptance: 01 July 2023 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Mr D Boumeester at 022 913 6000
Mr W Rheeder at 022 913 6000
- The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
- The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
- All applicants will be subjected to police clearance with the concent of the applicant.
- Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
- Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
- In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby, as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
- Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and where necessary, write a trade test.
- The municipality respects the conditions of the Protection of Personal Information Act. By submitting your information and application you confirms that the information you have provide to us is true, correct and up to date.
- Only applications within the Bergrivier municipal area (WC013) will be considered.
- Successful candidates will be expected to sign a contract of employment, disclosure of benefits and interests and a performance agreement (where applicable) with the employer.
A covering letter with at least two contactable references (managers, subordniates or peers), must accompany the completed prescribed
application form (available on request at Tel. 022 913 6000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the
necessary qualification, certificates , ID document, and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one per application form), to reach the
Municipal offices, Piketberg or mailed to P.O. Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Mr D Boumeester (Human Resources Officer: Training and Development) by no later than the closing date
NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 21 JUNE 2023 AT 16:00