African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC) invites students residing within the Emalahleni Local Municipality area, to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Closing Date: 30 January 2022
Bursaries will be awarded for studies that can be utilised at the mine – these include STEM subjects:
- Commercial Fields
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 16 and 25 years old
- You must reside within the Emalahleni Local Municipality area, preferably in: Phola, Ogies, Wilge, Kendal and surrounding areas in Johannesburg
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2022
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must be from a designated group
- You must be from a disadvantaged background or missing middle family, with a total household income of less than R400 000 per annum
How to apply
Students can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric final results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study in 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- Academic record or results, if currently studying
- Proof of residential address
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or informally employed, grant slips if applicable)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “AEMFC Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).